Sleeve Notes 101: Tagging

Monday, March 19, 2007

Tagging

My friend Peterson over at A Musing did NOT tag me (not that I'm bitter of course) to come up with five favorite quotes, however, he inspired me and so I give you some that have been especially encouraging to me over the past few months.

No situation, however wretched it seems, has some sort of comfort attending it. ~Goldsmith~

Now let the weeping cease; let no one mourn again. For the love of God will bring you peace. There is no end. ~Sophacles~

For it is one thing to see the land of peace from a wooded ridge...and another to tread the road that leads to it. ~St. Augustine, Confessions, VIII, xxi~

Missing your love with God's so close at hand. It seems somehow a sacrilege...but I think he understands. ~Peter McWilliams~

The most wasted day is that in which we have not laughed. ~Nicolas de Chamfort~

What about you? Any favorite quotes you wanna share?

j.

1 Comments:

Blogger Peterson Toscano said...

Great! I love the Augustine quote. Never read it before.

6:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home