Sleeve Notes 101: I'm Alive!

Tuesday, August 02, 2005

I'm Alive!

Recently, while going through a raft of e-mails, I happened upon one from an old friend. She simply said, "I wish for you..." I opened the attachment and was treated to scenery that transcended imagination and word images that sent chills down my spine. As the scenery unfolded, the voice of Celine Dion wafted through my speakers. I turned up the volume so I could hear and as I did, I heard that powerful voice sing "I'm alive!" with a joy that couldn't be contained. As I came to the end, an old Latin American blessing appeared and it seemed to fit my mood today...

I wish you always...

Air to breath
Fire to warm you
Water to drink and the
Earth to live in


If I were granted wishes, what would they be? As I pondered that question, it didn't take long to begin to start wishing a little bit. I wish to dream beyond the stars! I wish for good health and a long life! I wish to always be surrounded by beauty, whether obvious or not. I wish for wealth of spirit. I wish to be loved and to love unconditionally! I wish for peace in my life and in my world! I wish to live in a world where people are treated with the respect they should be afforded, regardless of race, age, sexual orientation or any of the other labels we like to weigh people down with! I wish to always be surrounded by those I love and those who love me! I wish to be loved by God!

As I thought about my wishes, I began to think about those I surround myself with. That person who I share my hopes and dreams...my joys and sorrows...my life with! That child that God has blessed us with! My parents and siblings, nieces and nephews, grandparents, cousins and friends! What do I wish for them? Everything!!

The scriptures tell us that Christ came that we might have "life and have it more abundantly!" I looked up the definition of abundant and found that it meant to "be present in great quantity!" The life I wish for those around me, is limited only by my imagination. How much more then is this abundant life that the Creator wishes for us?! There's an old cliche that says that true love doesn't really exist until it is given away. If that's true, then the Creator's love for us is unfathomable. We are loved with a love that doesn't end and won't quit!

As I've thought about what "abundant" means in my life, I'm realizing that it means living out my dreams and then surpassing those dreams and wishes in ways that I can't even imagine! The Creator has offered me abundant life! And I offer it to you!

When you call on me
When you call on me
When you reach for me
When you reach for me
I get wings to fly
I feel that I'm alive

When you bless the day
I just drift away
All my worries die
I know that I'm alive

I get wings to fly
God knows that I'm alive!


j.

1 Comments:

Blogger jaaybug said...

Um...very inspirational! You're as addicted to exclamation points as I am to quotes! So maybe some time this week/weekend you could help me spruce up my blog so it looks like yours?

12:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home